"Over half a billion dollars recovered for Individual Clients"
Experienced Alabama Attorney Helps Injured Clients Get Compensation
Dothan lawyer advocates for individuals in business, insurance and personal injury matters
Rufus R. Smith, Jr. is one of the most experienced and accomplished attorneys in the State of Alabama. He has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for each of the last 20 years. The Best Lawyers listings are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. He has held the highest rating by Martindale-Hubbell for 30 consecutive years.
Mr. Smith is also listed in U.S. News & World Report and Newsweek as one of the best law firms in the country.
When faced with a difficult challenge, you want an attorney with the experience, knowledge and skill to achieve successful results. At The Law Offices of Rufus R. Smith, Jr., located in Dothan, you will find an advocate with 45 years of experience who is devoted to helping individuals and businesses in the Southeast tackle a multitude of business, insurance and personal injury matters. Whatever legal difficulty you face, I pledge to work closely with you, keep you fully informed and focus on achieving a favorable outcome.
Skillful legal advocate aggressively protects your interests
Clients have placed their faith in me for more than four decades because I have:
- Extensive courtroom experience — My thorough understanding of the law and courtroom procedures provides my clients with an advantage from the start.
- A track record of successful outcomes — I have achieved positive results in thousands of cases, small and large, with more complex disputes resulting in multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts.
- A solid reputation — I have earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for my high ethical standards and professional ability for more than three decades.
My clients can depend on untiring effort coupled with first-rate service to resolve their issues as efficiently as possible.
Forceful advocate offers accomplished representation
Dealing with an injury, business dispute or insurance issue can be expensive and stressful. That is why I provide steadfast support to clients in the following areas:
- Personal injury — If you have been injured due to another person’s negligence in a motor vehicle accident or suffered harm as the result of medical malpractice or a defective product, I employ a strategic approach to obtain full and fair compensation. In cases involving the wrongful death of a loved one, I help surviving family members file claims to recover losses.
- Workers’ compensation — Alabama law requires employers with more than five employees to provide workers’ compensation insurance. If you have been injured at work, I will help you collect the necessary documents in order to prove your eligibility for benefits.
- Business litigation — I understand the challenges facing small business owners, which is why I provide in-depth advice and representation in business litigation matters including antitrust issues, contract disputes, and insurance claims.
- Insurance fraud and bad faith — Delaying payment or refusing to provide coverage on legitimate claims is considered bad faith and may justify a lawsuit against the insurer. I help insureds that have been treated unfairly by their carriers achieve just compensation.
Whether the situation requires skillful negotiations or trial-tested litigation tactics, you can be confident that reaching a positive resolution to your issues will always be my top priority.
Contact an Alabama attorney today
Whether you have suffered a personal injury, been hurt at work or require assistance with business or insurance matters, The Law Offices of Rufus R. Smith, Jr. in Dothan can help you. Call 334-671-7959 or contact me online to schedule a consultation.